Sunday, April 26, 2009

Compatibility

CDs:Compatible Dear
Hi Folks,Happy Blogging! Finally my blog has 100 plus hits on happiness.
Hope this summer summarizing all your trips with your family members, but this time my luck didn’t smile at me when I want to meet my intimate on her birthday. The trip was called off due to a sudden regional turmoil of politics.
Few days back, I and my friend logged into a home-appliance showroom to buy a video player. While observing so many brands with confusing tags, my friend picked-up one stylish and a trendy player. As Indian typical customer, we asked the store guy to check the product. The store manager with lots of enthusiasm, happiness on his face made us more curious to hear / see the output of the player. But it was not for a long time, store guy making his best efforts in playing that trendy player, plugged in all the necessary cables, inserted compact disk….every damn possible thing he made. My friend being a software coax, he keyed all possible ways. But all his efforts went in vain. Before we shifted to another brand, I just wanted to make a last attempt to see what could be the reason; we requested the store guy to change the Compact Disk. Hope started beating on us, trust me…it’s a perfect match between the Trendy and Tidy Disk. Finally we just laughed and billed the same.
Still wondering where went wrong…is the player? or influenced by the player (CD, speakers, screen etc).
Few days back I had been to my relatives' place where I met her after a long time. If I recollect my meeting with her was close to 4-5 years back where she was very calm and living in a reclusive atmosphere. I could make-out there could be 4 to 5 hundred problems knocking at her every day. Assuming that, I was reserved till I knock the door. But the moment, I stepped into their place, believe me, the warmness has coolness in her reception along with her spouse and a kutty Dog. I must say, now she has 4-5 thousand elephants’ strength and smiley faces around her. After spending a good time with the rejuvenate’ couple who track our tradition and customs with love and affection, I re-energized myself to drive down in a traffic ridden area to reach my room.
Thanking God for bringing her smile back. But again one question that stocked in my mind was reasons behind her (our) smile, added to the above Trendy scene which amused me to think further down. How a changed compact Disk can make my friend happy, how a changed spouse can add more glory to her life.
The uncompromised answer is…in our compact lives, the compatibility is something very very important.
Let’s think for a while, if I wouldn’t suggest my friend to change the CD, probably he would have compromised to buy a brand which would have had a toll (loss) on him. Of course, by telling this to God, we would have adjusted with the same for some more time. Similarly, my relative too with more pain and grief till her last breath.
You may also argue that it’s not possible without compromising and adjusting….days can not move in smooth. I totally agree, the same compromise and adjustments has to be a part of compatibility but not act as a force / direct the compatibility of 'two individuals' / among ourselves / or even two products like I mentioned in the above. If it forces you to do against your will, you are adjusting out of fear. You are compromising out of inability or helpless situations.
Life is all about being happy, you have every liberty, right to change the way you wanted to. Let’s not suppress ourselves, our emotions and lives with Adjustments and Compromises buttons. This is precisely we do by looking at the so called society. (We are living with the society and not for society) PRESS THE COMPATIBILITY BUTTON…and CONTINUE TO BE HAPPY.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Good one, Deep thinking and explaining with simple and real examples is really good. Keep it up.

Dr. Ramanakumar K P V
Dean R&D, Head of the Management Department
SCSVMV University

vramarao45@yahoo.co.in said...

My Dear Ravi
This is a very good attempt. I have gone through the blog and found it vry interesting. You had expressed your views very vividly in a nice manner. Do it further and improve upon.

start writing good stories combining your vies to insert through the charectors. you will become a good writer. Your stories are to be nearer to facts and touch the reader.You can write . I see the trend in your writing.

when i saw 'cpmpromise' in your blog I recollected my favourate subject ' Conflict management' in HR. Compromise is not a negative concept when thought of in right usage and sense. SMILE in right time with right concept will definitely lead to high relations. Join all your thoughts and I wish you will be able to think writing on good concepts adding the usage of subject you studied. i wish you best of the future in the line.

All the best.
Ramarao