Thursday, April 2, 2009

Liking links to Happiness

Hello Folks, Hope this blog brings you in good health and Cheers! It’s being a long time since I inked my thoughts on my liking – What Makes you Happi In my previous blog, my likings were touched upon Smile. My argument was, the base for Happiness is Smile. After my repeated internal deliberations, I was being persuaded myself that the base for Happiness is not only Smile, but also Liking. Generally Liking will take ways in two directions. One towards living entities like human beings and animals etc, other towards Non living entities which have value in nature, which are independently dependent, dependently independent.
To put it in simple analogy, we see ourselves in mirror and we smile (frequently / occasionally), the nonliving entity called mirror which directs you towards smile and it suggests you to look better than the existing condition. Similarly, you like Music; you may switch on your iPod to hear that music. Your iPod is an item you had purchased because you like to hear from it. Here likeness factor played a primary role on iPod than hearing the music, but both are very important to make you Happy.
Few months back, with holding breath I was with my mother in Saree Shope (doing shopping with women/ girls are…you know better); when I suggested few dress materials for my family members, you should see her, the Happiness Quotient is very high. Her reply is ‘Ravi…you like to give them (her), I love to give the best…to make you Happy and everybody Happy. In this case, liking towards a person made her to choose the best dress material (which is an act). Buying for your loved ones is something you may like to do again and again…I just enjoy in going out to buy for my loved ones. credit card sellers and buyers – be careful :).
So…start liking your surrounding environment, people, animals and things around you…so that exchange of smiles will travel to make happier world…your likings (comments) at ravivoices@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are all independently dependent and dependently independent - we all need our space - physical and emotional - to function, to be happy....and the way to be happy is to make others happy and the world will be one big happy place!!!
Mom